How to find a reliable custom home builder in Markham?
Being at a point in your life when you are ready to build your custom dream home can be an exciting time but many people don’t know where to start. A custom home in Markham is a big investment and it is hopefully something you will enjoy for many years or even decades. It is critical therefore that you find a high quality and reliable custom home builder.
So where do you start? Here are a few tips:
- Word of mouth. Word of mouth is a powerful tool and a great referral is one of the highest compliments that a custom home builder can receive. If you have friends, relatives or co-workers who have had their home custom built in Markham, talk to them about who they worked with. Ask about the positives and negatives and any other questions you may have.
- Check credentials. Look at what credentials your potential builder has. Check their BBB rating and look at what professional organizations they belong to and what awards they have won.
- Make sure that they are truly “custom”. When looking at a home builder’s website, check to see what services they offer. For a home builder to truly be a custom home builder, they should offer everything you need for the entire process starting with architectural services and ending with interior design.
- Review their portfolio. Many builders will have photos of their custom built homes online. Don’t skip over these pictures – have a look. Does the style resonate with you? Could you see yourself living in a home constructed by this builder?
- Interview builders. Try to narrow down your list of possible Markham custom home builders to about two or three. Arrange a time to speak to each one of them. Ask plenty of questions and observe how well they communicate and interact with you. Good communication skills between yourself and your builder are essential to ensure that you are happy with the final product.
- Check references. Last but not least, before you sign any contracts you will want to ask candidates for some references. A reputable custom home builder in Markham will be happy to provide you with these. Contact the references and ask them about their experiences with the builder. Ask if they were satisfied with the end result? Did the project complete on time and on budget? Were there any problems and if so, how were they resolved? The more information you get about prospective builders for your dream home, the easier it will be to choose the right one for you.
If you would like to learn more about Superior Construction and find out if we are the right custom home builder in Markham for you, contact us today.
Apply now to get Free Estimate!
Just like fashion trends change over the years, so too do design trends in homes. If you imagine the home that you grew up in, chances are it does not fit the description of your dream home today. That’s because…Read More
When you are getting ready for a home renovation, it pays to ask a lot of questions. Giving your home a much-needed facelift can be incredibly rewarding, but unfortunately there are less than reputable contractors out there. Asking the right…Read More
Imagine yourself enjoying your dream home. Perhaps you’ve got the beautiful wrap-around porch that you’ve always wanted or perhaps you’ve finally got a home theatre where you can watch the big game with your buddies. Whatever your vision for your…Read More
If you are planning on building a custom home in Richmond Hill, one of the most important decisions you will make is who you will hire as your custom home builder. Working with the right builder can simplify the process…Read More
Whether you’re updating your kitchen or your entire Markham home, one of the keys to having a successful home renovation that you’ll be proud of, is hiring the right home renovation service. While you can (and some people do) hire…Read More